Please download the newest UltraNote wallet version 1.0.19-beta from https://ultranote.org/
Need support? Please visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/Dhkjzz5
Our Wiki can be found at https://wiki.ultranote.org
Please contact support to complete your registration on our forum.

The alert in the wallet is a bit annoying

We would love to hear your suggestions
thegrey

The alert in the wallet is a bit annoying

Post by thegrey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi, every time I get an incoming transaction, there is some alert happening in the wallet, and that makes my taskbar open and freeze the desktop for a fraction of a second. Maybe an option to disable alert, or use the windows alert like many other wallets do, or both, could be implemented in some future version.
Edit: The issue is probably that I have the (windows) taskbar hidden, so a side effect of wallet alert opening the taskbar, and probably not really the wallets fault in itself.

Xun3f1s9GwGcH7jDSXrSLAEsJrrGN7Yaf2FRpu2gYRyFSAaTy2N4uZPFp3v1u6UVxYVUJqfe9J2GshCAvDKFzLgo2yw4ykwYHZ

Desp
Site Admin

Re: The alert in the wallet is a bit annoying

Post by Desp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 pm

thegrey wrote: Hi, every time I get an incoming transaction, there is some alert happening in the wallet, and that makes my taskbar open and freeze the desktop for a fraction of a second. Maybe an option to disable alert, or use the windows alert like many other wallets do, or both, could be implemented in some future version.
Edit: The issue is probably that I have the (windows) taskbar hidden, so a side effect of wallet alert opening the taskbar, and probably not really the wallets fault in itself.
Yes this could be because you hide the taskbar, Try without hiding it. The notification is not annoying. You can try to select minimize to tray and close to tray from settings.

thegrey

Post by thegrey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:45 am

Desp wrote:
thegrey wrote: Hi, every time I get an incoming transaction, there is some alert happening in the wallet, and that makes my taskbar open and freeze the desktop for a fraction of a second. Maybe an option to disable alert, or use the windows alert like many other wallets do, or both, could be implemented in some future version.
Yes this could be because you hide the taskbar, Try without hiding it. The notification is not annoying. You can try to select minimize to tray and close to tray from settings.
Well I like to have it hidden. That is why I use it that way :) But that was, as I told, the reason for it to be an annoyance. I think minimize to tray fixed it, not sure yet.
Worst case, I just keep the wallet closed. Was just trying to be helpful, didn't mean to make it sound like a big issue.
Xun3f1s9GwGcH7jDSXrSLAEsJrrGN7Yaf2FRpu2gYRyFSAaTy2N4uZPFp3v1u6UVxYVUJqfe9J2GshCAvDKFzLgo2yw4ykwYHZ

Nichop

Post by Nichop » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 pm

thegrey wrote:
Desp wrote:
Well I like to have it hidden. That is why I use it that way :) But that was, as I told, the reason for it to be an annoyance. I think minimize to tray fixed it, not sure yet.
Worst case, I just keep the wallet closed. Was just trying to be helpful, didn't mean to make it sound like a big issue.
:) dont worry no big issue. The purpose of it was to let you know when you have a transaction arriving. Since there is a messaging service as well it is good to know when you receive messages etc. Happy to hear that you found a way to avoid the notification noise.
Cheers