Please download the new UltraNote wallet version from https://ultranote.org/UltraNoteWallet-1 ... -win64.zip and remove the old blocks by removing the folder UltraNote from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming. Extract the new wallet zip file and start your wallet. You will need to resync the blocks for meantime and we are going to upload the new blocks soon to make the syncing goes faster. Thank you!
Need support? Please visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/Dhkjzz5

Mining from the Wallet

We would love to hear your suggestions
Houbahop

Mining from the Wallet

Post by Houbahop » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 am

Hi,

Just sharing thoughts for my own best practice:

1 - Mining from the wallet is for sure a great idea bringing mining to the entire XUN community ... and to be honest it is one of the main reason I joined

2 - But it requires to keep our wallet open on a running box with the Send tab available to anyone able to access the box which in the spirit of a small miner is nothing else but the day-to-day PC so usually with a simple password if no password at all

3 - I guess the good and simple answer to this is to have at least two wallet (one main cold wallet and one dedicated to mining with frequent transfer between the two)

Or could we imagine to have the Mining tab available even without opening a wallet where we would just copy our public key in an extra field.

Thanks,

HB

egynw

Re: Mining from the Wallet

Post by egynw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 am

You can use Minergate as a miner software : )
Attachments
MG.jpg
MG.jpg (138.03 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
UltraNote - XUN
Twitter | Facebook | Reddit

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:28 pm

And for those of you interested in where to get the MinerGate GUI miner then simply register using THIS LINK and download the software from there. 
*Proud UltraNote Supporter since early October 2017 pre-launch!*
Wallet: Xun3pwHSZK9JkRzyKszbk1eLRJGa56AUVbZ2q3hw2ta4YeA4R1yvjURKWUXMMpywcabJpVM7oVWT66FmUUuUTbhD6S85GzeLu5

thegrey

Post by thegrey » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:58 pm

I use xmr-stak-cpu, it is just a simple config, and an .exe file.
My pool config looks like this:

Code: Select all

"pool_address" : "alpha.ultranote.org:5555",
"wallet_address" : "Xun3f1s9GwGcH7jDSXrSLAEsJrrGN7Yaf2FRpu2gYRyFSAaTy2N4uZPFp3v1u6UVxYVUJqfe9J2GshCAvDKFzLgo2yw4ykwYHZ",
"pool_password" : "",
Other than that, the first time you run it, you get suggested config for your cpu's, and it is also described how to configure cpu in the default config.

I am aware it isn't exactly gui, and it isn't in the wallet, but it gives me better hashrate (than both wallet and minergate), 
and you don't have to have the wallet open at all to mine.
Although I didn't really answer the question, I think this is a better solution for many.
Xun3f1s9GwGcH7jDSXrSLAEsJrrGN7Yaf2FRpu2gYRyFSAaTy2N4uZPFp3v1u6UVxYVUJqfe9J2GshCAvDKFzLgo2yw4ykwYHZ

Desp
Site Admin

Post by Desp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:00 am

thegrey wrote: I use xmr-stak-cpu, it is just a simple config, and an .exe file.
My pool config looks like this:

Code: Select all

"pool_address" : "alpha.ultranote.org:5555",
"wallet_address" : "Xun3f1s9GwGcH7jDSXrSLAEsJrrGN7Yaf2FRpu2gYRyFSAaTy2N4uZPFp3v1u6UVxYVUJqfe9J2GshCAvDKFzLgo2yw4ykwYHZ",
"pool_password" : "",
Other than that, the first time you run it, you get suggested config for your cpu's, and it is also described how to configure cpu in the default config.

I am aware it isn't exactly gui, and it isn't in the wallet, but it gives me better hashrate (than both wallet and minergate), 
and you don't have to have the wallet open at all to mine.
Although I didn't really answer the question, I think this is a better solution for many.
Thank you very much. Nice tip

XUN-Crackler1

Post by XUN-Crackler1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:55 am

Two features I thought would be beneficial:
1. The ability to create/export a QR code for the wallet address. The wallet already creates one for the private keys. If one could be created and exported for the wallet address in .jpg or .png format it could be read by phones for transactions? That would be simpler than trying to type in a string of characters.
2. The ability to open more than one wallet at a time. With having more than one wallet it would be nice to be able to open them once and have them appear as tabs, or a selection box to the side. I suppose also having the ability to choose which wallet to mine for would be a good first step.
Xun3RvNQ9fp6MSfeu4YxAzAFA6BFiDZ3J7hSvtSFJipaaaTbEQkAFHTcJnh8UKPSYadcNheRRGPkEHaJJDv6Y38a5mHMQnR9hz