Please download the newest UltraNote wallet version 1.0.21-beta from https://ultranote.org/
Need support? Please visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/Dhkjzz5
Our Wiki can be found at https://wiki.ultranote.org
Please contact support to complete your registration on our forum.

Raise the minimum payout of the official pool

UltraNote General Discussion

What do you think is a resonable minimum payout should be?

Leave it as it is
38%
Raise minimum payout to 100 coins
43%
Raise minimum payout to 500 coins
No votes
Raise minimum payout to 1000 coins
19%

Total votes: 21

Desp
Site Admin

Raise the minimum payout of the official pool

Post by Desp » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Hello Everyone,
We have noticed that some newbies are selling their coins direct after receiving payout from the official pool. This leads to many sell orders for 10-15 coins each. In the long run this will hurt the price of XUN coins in the market.
That's why I am asking the community for permission to raise the minimum payout for the official pool so we can protect the price of UltraNote coins.

On the other hand we will lower the pool fees from 1% to 0.1% 

Regards
Desp

spammy01

Re: Raise the minimum payout of the official pool

Post by spammy01 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm

I think it should be raised however, raising the threshold by too much might have a negative effect on the amount of casual miners who mine using the wallet feature. The average h/s  is probably 100-200 for people who do that and I know if it was me, having to save up 500-1000 xun in a week or so before I could cash out might put me off mining the coin altogether.
100 seems a good figure i.e. start small, increment in future if needed.

Regards
Craig
Xun3ooGnxkfKqkTxUDXcYqMp6AGKsoQDYPGxn8GZjL2j6or9eSdDZV3VYPAg5ofDTxbwswiQo9c2iLb9BuFQ8nTL67XwWtrf5Q

flowbit

Post by flowbit » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 pm

I think the amount is just right for now - maybe 20 XUN. It doesnt matter if there are 1000 orders with 15 XUN. If I set up an buy order for 15k XUN with the correct price, I'll buy them all, but with a small threshold anyone can get in touch with XUN fast.

Cheer mates.
Take a look at the awesome XUN Pool at https://www.xunpool.party - get stats for every worker and emails if a rig goes down. @0.8%

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:03 pm

I Voted for 100 XUN payout.

Reasoning: We should minimise small iteration dumps therefore certainly raise it from 10 to a higher value. Now, lets take the fact that we also want XUN to be mined by everyone including small miners from the wallet that only supports CPU mining = we can not expect that their hash rate would be high. At the same time we do not want to discourage those miners from participating in XUN. At the time of writing this post, the official pool Estimate Mining Profits at 1 KH/s show around 400 XUN per day (but that may range up to 1000 XUN per day based on difficulty). Nevertheless, we know the small CPU miners will not reach 1 KH/s but we want to keep them engaged and see themselves receiving timely rewards for their "work", dont we? I dont think I would be happy if I needed to mine from 4 days up to a full week to see some rewards come my way.
For this reason I feel that a 10 fold payout increase to 100XUN is the best compromise. 

I think that payout increase to 500 or even 1000 XUN would lead to de-motivation and possible exclusion of our small miner base.
*Proud UltraNote Supporter since early October 2017 pre-launch!*
Wallet: Xun3pwHSZK9JkRzyKszbk1eLRJGa56AUVbZ2q3hw2ta4YeA4R1yvjURKWUXMMpywcabJpVM7oVWT66FmUUuUTbhD6S85GzeLu5

Trabecula

Post by Trabecula » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

In my opinion, there shouldn't even be the option of 1000 coins at the moment. I would simply stop mining XUN if that was the threshold limit and I believe many would, thus it would be worse than leaving as it is.
It wouldn't hurt if it was raised to 100 but I'd rather have those "newbies" refraining from doing something so stupid as selling 10 or 20 XUN at a time. 

DalliG

Post by DalliG » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Maybe raise it to 20 or 30?
Xun3ShicNptZe8hP2bZo9pbQnz4VTWBg9Vt5CTNpQkq9UmFUN2iohPkbM5AhUzAKbz8V5y3D3hiRxejigZXMVfrh6L9N4WmjwX

KenoCrypt

Post by KenoCrypt » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:20 am

I'm good to raise to up to 100.
Xun3Nqjf91KXRtntmt9jKsBYcGJ7zfDHSLMpr6G5iC7kPCEhTLrZ9hNdhTD8NjkJMd21Drnxk4FMXNKDHMqiWiXzA5HCMmS3T3

MagnumPI

Post by MagnumPI » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:33 am

I would be fine raising it...but there is some truth to putting off new miners, or those new to the crypto-sphere (like myself). Seeing a quick deposit is very satisfying, and if I had to initially wait 4 days for a payout, I'm not sure I would of stuck around. Part of the appeal of XUN to me (before fully researching the project) was seeing those numbers tick up every day :)
Xun3ji9jf1TX1s54EWBs7MWSG5bTuQCUXHC8JXgPSpqb9rWkwhA2t2GgBhG58WtSwmbxF9Qqxps32M9zBnWJES5m4sjkYZsx3E

faridhawami

Post by faridhawami » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:59 pm

i think 50 coin plis.
Xun3nL1uttR2yTRzCEjGb8jPrJrDKFgkaPjNRXpRjKeZfJqSj4MEotyikkY4DReHpQ2QsiJzKDzkNgEj1QCkTQg59rWuZckvdh

Houbahop

Post by Houbahop » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Just sharing my view:

1 - I never mined so far as I only have laptops. Even if both got dedicated NVidia GC I am hardly reaching 200 H/s
2 - It seems I am not the only one to mine with a laptop if I refer to the pool on this topic
3 - I do not know what is the combined hash rate power of nano miners like me but I understood it is part of XUN model (correct me if I am wrong)
3 - As difficulty is increasing I am already experimenting a small decrease of my hash rate
4 - I tried to mine some other crypto after this XUN first try (I know it is bad ...:-?) and guess what I came back very quickly to XUN because there is nothing more frustrating to wait days to get a payout or even give up your hash contribution before getting any coin
5 - I think this 10 XUN small payout is an important strength for XUN small miner base
5 - I am not sure increasing it will prevent miners to sell as soon as the have earn something
6 - I assume the key reason for people to sell is the fact that XUN is still largely an unknown coin + the big decrease we experimented on the very first day XUN was traded
7 - I would assume small miners are rather hodling (at least this is what I am doing - what's the point to sell so little ... )

So as I you might guess I have voted to maintain a 10 XUN payout ;)

Cheers,

Houbahop