Please download the newest UltraNote wallet version 1.0.15-beta from https://ultranote.org/
Need support? Please visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/Dhkjzz5

Noob needing help

UltraNote General Discussion
Radagast

Noob needing help

Post by Radagast » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello, as the subject reads I am a noob with crypto currency.  I've mainly used minergate and web browser mining options and have other wallets that work  fine.  I am finding everything to do with ultranote very difficult.  I could not get the GUI wallet to work with either Windows or Linux.  I am not worried about that I'm thinking maybe a future version will work for me.  I have made a paper wallet for now. I could not get the open source miners to work on windows or 64-bit linux ( I did get a clone of cpuminer multi to work on my raspberry pi just to realize my raspberry pi 2b doesn't have AES-NI).

Right now I am using www.crypto-webminer.com to mine XUN to my paperwallet.  This service uses alpha.ultranote.org pool.  When I try to go to that site, it will not ever load.

Does the link alpha.ultranote.org work for anyone? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Desp
Site Admin

Re: Noob needing help

Post by Desp » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Radagast wrote: Hello, as the subject reads I am a noob with crypto currency.  I've mainly used minergate and web browser mining options and have other wallets that work  fine.  I am finding everything to do with ultranote very difficult.  I could not get the GUI wallet to work with either Windows or Linux.  I am not worried about that I'm thinking maybe a future version will work for me.  I have made a paper wallet for now. I could not get the open source miners to work on windows or 64-bit linux ( I did get a clone of cpuminer multi to work on my raspberry pi just to realize my raspberry pi 2b doesn't have AES-NI).

Right now I am using www.crypto-webminer.com to mine XUN to my paperwallet.  This service uses alpha.ultranote.org pool.  When I try to go to that site, it will not ever load.

Does the link alpha.ultranote.org work for anyone? Any help appreciated, thanks.
Sorry to hear that you are facing problems with our wallet. I can assure you that everything works fine on our end. For the web miner it’s a community project which we appreciate. You can also use minergate application to mine XUN we have a guide here on the forum about how to add one of our pools to minergate app. 
You can also do that if you know how. Just click on add new pool and set pool name and port for minergate.
Please visit our discord and we will try to assist you running the GUI wallet on your Windows 

Radagast

Post by Radagast » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:08 am

Thanks for the reply.  I have since gotten the windows GUI wallet to work.  I don't know what I did differently lol.  I have mined my first 5 coins!!!

Desp
Site Admin

Post by Desp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:55 am

Radagast wrote: Thanks for the reply.  I have since gotten the windows GUI wallet to work.  I don't know what I did differently lol.  I have mined my first 5 coins!!!
Glad to hear it have been solved. Please post your wallet address to send you a welcome gift.

Radagast

Post by Radagast » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it. My address is:

Xun3b9RQNB3U6ozoSfa8tybWdgxZZme4zRbgb81Sas7q4Sr93q9X4WxiUmHz2FCyi9X7XoivHBpUC82PMoCGibcR9xKbdcnfJu

Desp
Site Admin

Post by Desp » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 am

Radagast wrote: Thanks, I appreciate it. My address is:

Xun3b9RQNB3U6ozoSfa8tybWdgxZZme4zRbgb81Sas7q4Sr93q9X4WxiUmHz2FCyi9X7XoivHBpUC82PMoCGibcR9xKbdcnfJu
Sent.