Please download the newest UltraNote wallet version 1.0.21-beta from https://ultranote.org/
Need support? Please visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/Dhkjzz5
Our Wiki can be found at https://wiki.ultranote.org
Please contact support to complete your registration on our forum.

Official mining pool issue

Please post any mining related issues here.
Groggle

Official mining pool issue

Post by Groggle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 am

I keep having wallets banned from the official alpha.ultranote.org mining pool. 

When setting some units to mine XUN again, I noticed that the connection kept being rejected after I had already gotten a few of them ready. After checking the previous units that I had just set up and were successfully mining, I saw that they were now having their shares rejected by the pool.

I created a new wallet and started moving the units to mine with the new address and while setting them up, they again started being rejected. Out of frustration, I created 12 new wallets and gave each unit an individual wallet to mine to. After checking again the next day, 8 of the 12 were now having their shares rejected.

This entire setup was mining flawlessly to my original wallet a few weeks ago and nothing has changed between then and now that I can think that would cause this. I switched to mining XMR for a period, but wanted to switch back to mining XUN. The only change was in the config to point at my XUN wallet and pool, rather than the XMR wallet and pool.

These are all CPU miner units and no overclocking has been done. No GPUs are used in this setup. 

xmr-stak is the mining program I am using and the message it is giving me is something along the lines of:
Fast-connecting to alpha.ultranote.org:7777 pool ...
Pool alpha.ultranote.org:7777 connected. Logging in...
SOCKET ERROR - [alpha.ultranote.org:7777] Whoppie ! : (
SOCKET ERROR - [alpha.ultranote.org:7777] RECEIVE error: socket closed

Please help me sort this out or am I going to have to abandon participation in XUN mining :cry:

Desp
Site Admin

Re: Official mining pool issue

Post by Desp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:02 am

Groggle wrote: I keep having wallets banned from the official alpha.ultranote.org mining pool. 

When setting some units to mine XUN again, I noticed that the connection kept being rejected after I had already gotten a few of them ready. After checking the previous units that I had just set up and were successfully mining, I saw that they were now having their shares rejected by the pool.

I created a new wallet and started moving the units to mine with the new address and while setting them up, they again started being rejected. Out of frustration, I created 12 new wallets and gave each unit an individual wallet to mine to. After checking again the next day, 8 of the 12 were now having their shares rejected.

This entire setup was mining flawlessly to my original wallet a few weeks ago and nothing has changed between then and now that I can think that would cause this. I switched to mining XMR for a period, but wanted to switch back to mining XUN. The only change was in the config to point at my XUN wallet and pool, rather than the XMR wallet and pool.

These are all CPU miner units and no overclocking has been done. No GPUs are used in this setup. 

xmr-stak is the mining program I am using and the message it is giving me is something along the lines of:

Please help me sort this out or am I going to have to abandon participation in XUN mining :cry:
Sorry to hear that, Please test the other pool beta.ultranote.org: 7777 and 5555

Groggle

Post by Groggle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:37 am

Desp wrote:
Groggle wrote: I keep having wallets banned from the official alpha.ultranote.org mining pool. 

Sorry to hear that, Please test the other pool beta.ultranote.org: 7777 and 5555
I moved them to the beta pool and they appeared to all start without issue. However, now when I look at http://explorer.ultranote.org/#pools I no longer see the beta pool.

Thoughts?

Groggle

Post by Groggle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:39 am

Update: The beta/pool2 appears after the page sits open for a bit. 

Desp
Site Admin

Post by Desp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 am

Groggle wrote: Update: The beta/pool2 appears after the page sits open for a bit. 
Glad it have worked for you.

Groggle

Post by Groggle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:15 am

Another question, if you know the answer. I see that no blocks have been found on either pool since about the time I moved to the beta pool. Is there any relation to my previous issue? I also noticed one of my miners had a result rejected a while ago, however I restarted the miner just now and it continued to mine properly.

Seems blocks are being found again. 

Groggle

Post by Groggle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:04 am

The problem continues with my miners/wallets being seemingly randomly banned, causing me to have to switch wallets to keep them up.
What are the conditions for wallets being banned and what is the time period/length for the bans being placed? The wallets eventually are allowed to connect again, but eventually get banned again, though not all of them.

Desp
Site Admin

Post by Desp » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:24 am

Groggle wrote: The problem continues with my miners/wallets being seemingly randomly banned, causing me to have to switch wallets to keep them up.
What are the conditions for wallets being banned and what is the time period/length for the bans being placed? The wallets eventually are allowed to connect again, but eventually get banned again, though not all of them.
Please start below 5000kh/s for now or split your miners on 2 or 3 wallet addresses.

Groggle

Post by Groggle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Desp wrote:
Groggle wrote: The problem continues with my miners/wallets being seemingly randomly banned, causing me to have to switch wallets to keep them up.
Please start below 5000kh/s for now or split your miners on 2 or 3 wallet addresses.
Every miner currently has its own address and none of them are capable of 5000kh/s. 2000kh/s max on the best of them. I found many again being blocked when I checked on them again. I'm currently having to rotate them between the beta and alpha pools and changing addresses on them as they are blocked.

Groggle

Post by Groggle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 am

Thank you for your responses and help so far, Desp.

I just tried moving my miners over to the xun.communitypool.org pool and multiple of them are also have their shares rejected/being banned from the pool. I have 4 miners that are only around 1000h/s and each mining to their own address are now unable to mine and being blocked. Same for 3 other miners that run about 1500h/s, I had to put new addresses on them and they started working again, but will likely start being blocked soon. The 1000h/s miners were successfully mining to the alpha pool just prior, but I moved them to the community pool to help even out the mining proportions of the pools.

Is there is list of conditions that results in this blocking that you can share? The limit, if that is what is causing this, is definitely not a 5000h/s trigger, but much lower. Or is there simply no documentation available regarding this?

It seems obvious that whatever is causing this was put in place as a result of the cloud mining "attack".