Please download the newest UltraNote wallet version 1.0.15-beta from https://ultranote.org/
Need support? Please visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/Dhkjzz5

various mining topics

Please post any mining related issues here.
rex

various mining topics

Post by rex » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:12 am

hey
I've got few questions regarding mining:
- can I mine on few pc at the same time with the same wallet or do I have to use different wallets for each pc?
- can I somehow make the mining process start automatically as the system start, with selected number of core's ?
- can I hide the mining app so employees at my company wont mess with the software when they use their computers ?
- what parameter CPU, GPU or RAM is the most important when mining XUN ?
thanks

chriscoop

Re: various mining topics

Post by chriscoop » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 am

rex wrote: hey
- can I mine on few pc at the same time with the same wallet or do I have to use different wallets for each pc?
- can I somehow make the mining process start automatically as the system start, with selected number of core's ?
- can I hide the mining app so employees at my company wont mess with the software when they use their computers ?
thanks
-Yes
-Yes but it depends on the miner you use and the OS you use it with.  There are thousands of ways to do that. 
-Yes there's a background feature for the miner I use but its different for each miner app
-I think it's a cryptonight algorithm so CPU does it the best but most CPUs won't get you most H/s 

I'm new to this so I'm sure an expert will chime in soon. 

Desp
Site Admin

Post by Desp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:04 pm

rex wrote: hey
thanks
Hi rex,
Yes, you can mine using same address on many PC. You just need to use same wallet file.
No, you need to start the mining manually. You can start the wallet on boot 
You have a mininize to tray option which will hide the wallet.
All 3 is importat. Which one you will use will afftect your hashrate. GPU's will have always higher hashrates.

lewandsarafolo

Post by lewandsarafolo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 am

I am agree with Chriscoop's reply.
Well Done!